Sunday, October 23, 2011

Getting closer to the grand opening of Atomic Funland

I've started texturing. For the midway booths I hand painted a tile-able painted wood texture and created a material instance in UDK through which I can change the color of the paint for some variation. I also hand painted the tile-able accordion screen texture that is on some of them, the wooden planks and the shingles on the roof (minus the leaves that came from a photo.) I added the leaves on the roof to incorporate them into the environment more. I'm trying not to use too many photo textures because I really want to build up my texture painting skills. Texturing is something I have struggled with in the past, but it is so important. I'm making a lot of my textures tile-able because I have a lot of ground to cover texturing wise and it seemed economical. My more unique props, like the car, will have more specific textures. I then created some decals to put the signs on them and vary them up a bit more. I still need AO and some graffiti decals to really finish them off.


As you can see the space has also expanded and morphed a bit. I did this to help the park feel bigger and so I could more slowly reveal things in the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment