Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Gameplay Gameplay Gameplay

So I've been having a lot of fun with my playable space. All the invaders are kill-able now and there's even a cleverly placed ammo pick up. Its been a nice distraction from doing less fun things (uving...). I also found a way to keep the player in the car, there are still times where he fights with the collision, but at least he stays in! No more inexplicable floating. It is starting to feel like a game. I still need to design the boss fight at the end and add player damage indication. I think that the sense of 'Oh no I have to kill this invader before I get scorched by its beam!' will add some intensity and challenge. It was really helpful to me to have other people play it because I tend to find myself just going through the motions when I am recording and not really experiencing it honestly. It helps me see what is fun and what needs to be fixed a lot more clearly. I want to keep it simple and fun, but still a bit challenging.





No comments:

Post a Comment