Monday, March 12, 2012

Post GDC Post

GDC went pretty much exactly how I expected it to: positive feedback on Funland images, pretty much no feedback on anything else. Didn't really have to leave Ringling for that but I did get some positive reinforcement and useful art tips that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Despite certain frustrations I am glad that some of my work was appreciated. I think the biggest thing I gained from being there is the realization that I need to figure out what I really want to do and the fact that I'm not doing that is the cause of most of my frustrations. Overall, I think I did very well and I was told that my work stood out among that of the other students who were there. I learned that texturing is my strength while lighting is my weakness so I will try to polish that up a bit before the end of the month.

This was the Single Rider panel at the Ringling booth. Mine was the only current senior work represented, the rest was from some of last years graduates. It was difficult to get a good picture of it. That tiny blurry part at the bottom is my name.


No comments:

Post a Comment