Sunday, September 11, 2011

Some thoughts

My critique went well on Friday and no one was as surprised as me, but it was good and I am filled with a renewed sense of excitement for my thesis. I got some good feedback and a lot of ideas that I think will make it even better. People keep telling me that the idea is 'so me' and I guess it is. I really do think it's important to be passionate about the subject matter of any project you're working on if you want to put your all into it.

Someone mentioned that my tracks should be wooden so I did some further research and I found this:

"The range of motion is greatly expanded in steel roller coasters. The world of roller coasters changed radically with the introduction of tubular steel tracks in the 1950s. As the name suggests, these tracks consist of a pair of long steel tubes. These tubes are supported by a sturdy, lightweight superstructure made out of slightly larger steel tubes or beams."
-http://science.howstuffworks.com/engineering/structural/roller-coaster8.htm

So I think for the sake of progress I'll leave them as they are, I do need to fix the models though because I feel like I need some wider curves and some of them don't fit together quite right.

I'm also considering tweaking the title a bit, but I'm not sure yet. That's something I should decide on soon.



So my goals are basically to continue modeling everything and to really make my trailer sweet using the feedback I got on Friday. I also want to create a testable play space before next crit.

No comments:

Post a Comment